Wednesday, October 31, 2007

My Top 5 Halloween Movies




5. Tremors
Yeah. Laugh all you want, but graboids and Kevin Bacon in tight pants is enough to scare anyone. I'll never forget when I was little, my brother and me, climbing on the furniture avoiding the ground at all costs. Those tremors are scary!

4. It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown
An all-time classic. This animated video has grown to have a huge place in my heart. Maybe its because Minneapolis puts those Charlie Brown and Snoopy statues all over the place.

3. Nightmare Before Christmas
This is one of the best stop motion movies of all time. Possibly THE greatest. It's the best Tim Burton movie ever made followed closely by Edward Scissor Hands. Jack Skellington is the greatest modern protagonist since Peter Pan.

2. Donny Darko
This movie is offbeat, creepy, and moody. Something about the bloody undertones contrasted with the very realistic haazy world we live in, makes this my number 2 best halloween movie.

1. E.T
I have never been able to get over the effect this movie had and still has on me. I grew up looking up to Eliot, then feeling the concerns and the heroics of the older brother, and now being able to be effected by the movie from a parental stand-point. The halloween creepiness is there, the costumes and Star Wars references are a big plus, and E.T. is just too damn cute.

Note: Just because Drew Barrymore was in the #1 and #2 movies does not mean I like her. In fact, I'm not even a Drew Barrymore fan.

Note #2: The pumpkin at the top, I carved myself. So, I'm gloating in the footnotes.

Note #3: While I am gloating, I'd like to also mention that I won our Halloween Mini Carrot stuffing contest. Waldo likes his carrots.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Here comes Halloween again!