Obama! Do not bail out the car companies!
I am not happy about this series of bail outs that is sweeping the nation (and the world). We have broken systems all over the place, and patching them with temporary fixes is the lazy way to answer bigger problems.
We are seriously being bribed with economic stimulus packages, while the government gives away thousands and thousands of dollars of our future money: even before the car company bail outs each taxpayer will have to pay $3,825.14 to afford the first 700 billion dollar bail out. While, we are supposed to be giddy about a $600 check?
The other big problem with both the bail outs and the stimulus packages is that they are pathetic quick fix attempts to delay the inevitable depression. At some point everything will come crashing down, and I strongly propose being honest with Americans and telling us how we can help. I am going to propose a few solutions in a minute.
The most amazing thing about this failing economy is that it opens the door to new opportunities; unfortunately it does not look as though Obama is going to take advantage of this. With failing businesses, and banks; it provides the space and manpower to refocus the countries' efforts in new and exciting directions. Obama has proposed to give 'five million green collar jobs' to americans in the field of renewable energy (according to his new energy website). With the struggling automobile industry, this is our chance! We can make the switch, save jobs, and lead the world into a self sustainable future. I think Obama needs to let the car companies fail, and take the newly jobless workers and implement them in good renewable energy jobs. The car industry may be an outdated business, we need to find better more efficient solutions to travel and commuting to work. Electric cars, solar cars, bikes, segways, and other new inventions need to begin to take form. The failing car industry may be one of the best chances for American to take some giant innovative steps forward.
A Leaky Roof
You can put a bucket under a leaky roof for years and keep your carpet dry, but the fact exists that there is still a hole in the roof. If we do not make bold moves as a nation to stop the problem where it begins, then we will soon be no better than a third world country.
My solutions for the Obama Administration
1. Explain the huge problem that the American people are in, and ask them for help. Ask them to start gardens, grow their own food, by 'used' materials, and conserve energy. The economy will suffer, but it will keep poverty down and limit panic. Explain that jobs WILL be lost, but that jobs NEED to be lost to move forward.
2. DO NOT BAIL ANYTHING OUT! All economic stimulus packages and bail out money needs to be put into renewable energy research and sustainable living practices. Explain that the steps we take now, with the little money we have left to spend, are crucial in deciding how we survive, or struggle through these hard times.
3. Hire unemployed workers into the renewable energy field. Build a sustainable energy system which supports everyone and challenging all conventional practices to become more efficient.
4. Prosecute the previous administration for the crimes they committed, and display to the world that the Bush Administration was corrupt and that American will not stand for it, and are punishing them for their actions.
5. Keep the hope and inspire creativity and working together to help your fellow man