Saturday, September 20, 2008

If you eat meat I DARE you to watch this video

My last blog post dealt with my decision to consider becoming a vegetarian. This led a reader of mine and fellow immortalist to link me to videos of a documentary called: Earthlings. Earthlings is probably the most powerful documentary I have ever seen. It has cemented my commitment to becoming a vegetarian. It was by far the hardest documentary i have ever watched. I took three breaks, and felt physically like I had the flu after each segment. It was a brutally real and sickening shocking look at our treatment of animals on earth.

Here is the best quote from the movie:
"As often as Herman had witnessed the slaughter of animals and fish, he always had the same thought: In their behavior towards creatures, all men were Nazis."

If you are already vegetarian and want to be reminded why to stay vegetarian, watch these videos. If you want to convince your meat eating friends, this is the video they should watch. And if you eat meat, like I have my entire life, and you want to finally know what the fuss is about, and stop just ignoring the real problems....this video is for you!

I strongly suggest supporting this video and buying it. After you watch it, if it changes you like it changed me, go out and buy Earthlings, and pass it to all of your friends who are willing to listen and learn.






No comments: