Monday, March 15, 2010

Suspended animation within our reach

We are on the path to immortality. Hydrogen sulfide may makes us all immortal. Mark Roth gives a great lecture on suspended animation and the potential uses of such research. The practices are currently being used in human subjects right now!

I strongly believe in, and hope for, immortality research to surface and prevail in my lifetime. I think TED talks are the most important and inspiring thing on the youtube, the internet, or anywhere in the world. I find multiple lectures each week that are brilliant, thought provoking, and extremely empowering. If you are not familiar with TED talks, browse through their video selection and sample a few. They may change your life.

Here is the video on suspended animation:


I would love to know what you think of TED talks; have you seen any good lectures? Do you enjoy the content? Who else would you like to see giving 20 minute lectures?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember seeing a few TED presentations a loooong time ago and for some reason lost pace with them (maybe bookmarked in an old browser perhaps) - so thanks for the refresher. I enjoyed Mark Roth's working of the word miracle.

In the famous words of the Gov. of California ...I'll be back :)

Anonymous said...

I don't think immortality can or will be achieved in our life time. Besides, living this life as though it may never end might make someone live like they have all the time in the world, when in fact- we don't. It would be interesting though, to say the least.