Monday, November 5, 2007

Actual Dollar Figures: Day 30


Zombie Robot Frosting (the blog) started on October 5th, 2007. This is my 30 day review of my monetary numbers. Trying to give a good account of starting a new blog in the current over saturated blog market. I critique whether my strategies are working or not.

Note: All of my statistics below are hypothetically the baby steps leading to bigger and better things eventually.

new strategies: (less than one week)

WidgetBucks See my post a few days ago. In which I review this source of revenue. I am slightly nervous about this product, since it is very new and offers $25 free dollars to anyone that signs up. Besides my nervousness in the widget, i am a big fan of the green products that appear on my page since I do support green products awarness. You can find the widget at the very bottom of my page. Click on the products for more info.
Current Funds: 1.87 cents

Auction Ads This ad program is a temporary trial. You can see the auctions on the right side of my page. I am betting that this product will not be beneficial. It also offer $25 to simply sign up, however you make zero money per click, and only make any additional revenue when someone buys a product seen on my page. Which seems like a very rare possibility. I will give Auction Ad a 30 day trial on my blog and likely remove it.
Current Funds: 0.00 cents

current strategies for monetary funds:

Google Adsense finally creeping to 15 cents. It has been a struggle with google adsense for me. I do not really see the value, since I am only making approximatley one cent per day. This is a very typical strategy for blogs to gain some money, it has not been very successful for my blog.
Current funds: 0.15 cents

The Newsroom Voxant Newsroom allows me to post specific news videos to embed on my page. The thing I like about newsroom is the fact that I can specifically choose news videos that I find important or worthwhile on my blog. Currently this is my favorite and best source of income for the blog.
Current funds: 3.52 cents

Vume.com The site, Vume (pronounced 'view me') is a photobucket style site, that allows upload and storage of pictures, audio or video. The cool thing about this site, is that it pays you $3 per 1000 views. I use this site to host my blog pictures and since the start of my blog I have made almost 2 dollars.
Current funds: 3.01 cents
Total funds (20 days): $8.55 ($ 102.96 per year)

Note: My funds, even with the additional new strategies, is staying right around $100 per year average. This average is up a few dollars from ten days ago. See past blog strategy posts to see how my dollar figures have changed.

I am trying a few other strategies and will be continuing to show my blogs financial progress.

No comments: