Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Learn a Language: Fun & Free Online


Learn a New Language
BBC Languages
available on the BBC website is offering free programs to learn French, Spanish, German, Italian, Mandarin Chinese, Portuguese, Greek, and more... The website is amazingly responsive and fun. First, you take a short test to determine your skill level in the chosen language. It then fires into a series of tests, games, videos, voice recognition and other methods.

Multi-Leveled
If you are like me, and learning a language is something I have always wanted to do, but was never able to find a method that works for me, BBC languages is the place to go. You can do this on your free time and its a really fun and multi leveled way to learn a language. The videos, spoken words, and games are extremely effective learning tools.

You Decide Your Own Level of Involvement
If you do not have much time, the BBC's site is design for short sessions, but it also can be very engrossing for longer sessions. It feels like being back in school, only on my schedule, and focused around enjoying the experience. If you want to learn a new language, this is where you should start!

BBC
BBC Languages is just another amazing product of the ever impressing BBC, which has been responsible for great shows and products like Mr. Bean, the British Office, and a very respectable news source.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I recently decided to broaden my horizons and decided to learn a new language; the question is what should I learn? I’ve asked a few friends and they were useless! Everyone was telling me something different, in the end I have decided to attempt to learn Turkish. I work in business and the power Japan and China has keeps growing and growing, so learning a bit of the language could be a massive help in my future career. Does anybody know of any reasonably priced but high-quality language learning software?