Monday, August 25, 2008

Crystalline Fructose in Pills?

I few weeks ago I wrote a blog about Crystalline Fructose after I found it in an energy drink I had just bought. Just a few days ago I reader posted this comment:

"Can you believe I recently purchased a liquid vitamin without looking at the ingredient, and that's when I discovered about crystalline fructose! I buy liquid vitamins of course because they ingest directly into your bloodstream so I get a lot better response, but the ones I have purchased in the past had no sugar or preservatives in them. As I began to read the ingredients I saw this strange name and went to the internet for researc and found your blog amongst other resourses. I will be on the lookout for this ingredient in future purchases. What made me wonder was I had a huge increase in my desire for sweets when I started taking this vitamin (Liquid Life for Complete Nutrition). It has great ingredients besides vitamins, but it just ruined the authenticity of the product after I discovered this ingredient. I will never be in such a rush that I don't thoroughly read the ingredients of anything I ingest in the future......"

Aparently 'Liqiud Life' think complete nutrition is getting diabetes
Which means they are now finding ways to put this newly named ingredient into PILLS? Pills that are supposedly healthy. 'Liquid Life for Complete Nutrition' is going on my list of horrible life threatening products! It is disgusting that they can get away with calling high fructose corn syrup a new name, and actually alter the corn syrup to be even more harmful then it already is.

This is just another reason why you should stop drinking soda forever and start avoiding refined sugars of any kind. JoLynn from the fitshack told me:

"...refined sugar offers 0 nutritional value and only serves to create ups and downs of sugar cravings, mood swings, and very often leads to overeating/weight gain."

Stay away from Crystalline Fructose in anything, high fructose corn syrup and other refined sugars. Let's stay health and live longer by being knowledgable about what we consume.

No comments: