Tuesday, March 30, 2010

No more mailman



My father retires as a United State Postal Carrier today. This circle postcard is the last in a series of 15 cards I sent him on the last fifteen days of work. I am extremely proud of his hard work and determination. I am very excited to see what the next chapter of his life will be.

It is a hard time to be retiring (retiring early in fact) as the economy is still slumping and work is harder and harder to find. Yet, when you are done doing a job... you are done doing a job. My dad has earned his retirement. Granted, he plans to get a part-time job in the future.

This blog post to commemorate and honor his hard work and congratulate him on a job well done.

3 comments:

Kris said...

Congratulations J! Well deserved, hope you have a lot of fun with retirement. Lots of golf!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the postcards and kind words! It means alot to me and the Post Office was glad for all the business! Also thanks to Kris for the post ... I hope to lose one less golfball per round this summer. J

DoriDoo said...

Jay is awesome! I hope he has lots of fun in his retirement!