Monday, February 11, 2008

This tax rebate pisses me off!




Bush's America


The recession in America has begun, the housing market is crashing and burning (which i have been highly affected by) and the solution....tax rebate checks. A 170 billion dollar economic stimulus bill, highlighted by Tax Rebate Checks has been issued for Americans. Read more about the US Tax Rebate Checks here.

An average rebate of $600 dollars per person will be issued in an attempt to reverse or at least slow down the economic recession and give us all a little more spending money. It is truly pathetic.


Why the rebates are lame


America is already billions of dollars in debt, we are cutting important programs in the schools, we are not paying veterans for their medical bills (directly caused by conditions while serving their country), a huge percentage of Americans cannot afford healthcare, and we are letting corporations unethically rape the world for profit.

This money should be going to fix the problems with America, the money should not go to pump money back into the zombie inducing system of debt and self indulgence. This is a lame excuse to attempt to mend the gigantic hole that George Bush's government has ripped in the fabric of our culture.


If you don't like it, don't accept it


I am going to find a proper charity, and when my check comes in the mail I'm going to send it off to the chosen charity. I do not want the US Governments blood money. The money that the government is no doubt sucking from the unjust war in Iraq.

I hope more Americans like myself will realize what a ridiculous cop out this rebate check is and funnel it into a correct location. A charity or donation to help rebuild the fabric of America's crumbling culture. Which is where the money should be going in the first place.


In the past I have written some blogs about Every Living Creature and posting about my desires to live forever.

Then I ask the simple question....Is Anyone else worried?

4 comments:

Doc Shadow said...

Don't just blame Bush for this. Hell, I'd say just pass him over entirely. Sure the government is a bit responsible for the rebate and other problems, but really lets just skip over the small cogs and hit the big one.

The Fed.

After all, they have backed and created almost every huge economic crisis we have experienced. I certainly guarantee they are busy behind this one just waiting to reap the eventual profits of this latest collapse.

Brian said...

The economic stimulus plan was a bi-partisan effort.

I'm all for it. I'm going to take that $600 and apply it toward my credit card debt, lol.

If nothing was done to try to boost the economy, people would lash out at Bush for that.

Most programs are cut due to ridiculous spending by Democrats.

William Hessian said...

The Fed. I agree with that for sure. I think the tax rebate is an incredibly irresponsible thing to do for this country.

And Brian, I am not bashing Bush to promote Democratic views. I will vote democratic this election, although I dont consider myself a Democrat, and definately not a Repulican. I have many issues with Democrats as well.

Its a damned if you do, damned if you dont situation, but I think doing this tax rebate is worse and just adds to pile of things George Bush has done that makes me very upset.

However, putting the money towards your debt is a very smart idea. So kudos for that.

Brian said...

The only point I was trying to make was that the tax rebate isn't just a George Bush thing, and that things that happen under his presidency are not all his fault. He has the Senate and the House that have to agree with him. A lot of the things people hate him for (ex: War in Iraq) seemed like a good idea to all parties before it happened (see: The Clintons). Hell, Bill Clinton said himself in 2002 that a war in Iraq would take less than 2 weeks.

I'm not praising Bush, but he has had to deal with more than any other president in our lifetime (9/11, Katrina, etc).